We all should have ambitions in life as it gives us a sense of purpose and direction. However, the cost of ambition can be huge. Here are a few things to consider.
- Late nights, early mornings. You have a dream that’s worth more than sleep. It’s that simple. Personally, I try and get up between 4am – 5am each morning as I am more productive between the hours of 4am – 9am before the ‘actual’ day starts and i’m interrupted.
- Lots of associates, very few good friends. There will be rejection for not fitting in and doing what others ‘do’ – but equally, choose who your friends are wisely. We all have 168 hours in a week. It’s really important to spend those hours with those that can inspire, help and push you along. It’s equally important to help those around us too.
- You will be misunderstood by the majority of people you come across simply because they do not understand your cause. People generally do what others do. It’s easier that way. No complications, you’re liked and accepted.
- Unless you find someone who understands your lifestyle, you will be single. The daily battles with your mind and thoughts, the constant failings in the relentless pursuit of your goals. It’s not easy that’s for sure. But we don’t like things easy do we?
- People will want you to do good, but never better than them. Society hates it when someone refuses to conform.
For these reasons, you will do many things alone. If you’re an entrepreneur and struggling a little with the notion around the cost of ambition, drop me a note, I may just be able to help.